Friday, April 1, 2011

Post 6: This Week In Science "Spider Habitat Design"

                        


                         This Week In Science, I worked on our spider designs. I drew blueprints of how we want our spider homes (tanks) to be. I also compared my designs and thoughts with my group members.I took down notes on the carbon-oxygen cycle, and thought about what materials I will need to put into my spider tank. Finally, I played a game based on the carbon-oxygen cycle.
                          So far, I learned that Daddy Long Legs are just bugs with 6 legs that looks like the spider I'll have in my habitat, called the Cellar Spider. Also, in order for the spider to breathe in the tank, it will need plants and water to give off oxygen to also receive oxygen for itself. While learning about the carbon-oxygen cycle, I learned that carbon dioxide can help plants grow faster, and that there is only 0.04% of it in the air, but because of burning fossil fuels, it has increased dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment