Saturday, April 2, 2011

Post 4: This Week In Science: "Energy Transfer"

                        



                        This week in science, I made an Energy Pyramid and a Food Chain for my animal, the Sea Turtle. In the Food Chain, I drew pictures for each abiotic and biotic source. I also drew lines to show where each organism got its energy. In the Energy Pyramid, I once again drew pictures of all the organism, especially my animal, the Sea Turtle. I included which were the producers and the consumers (primary, secondary, and teritary). In the end, I gave the percent of the amount of energy that's in each organism.
                          In the process of making my Energy Pyramid and Food Chain, I learned many things. I learned that the Sea Turtle mainly eats sea grass and algae, though they do sometimes eat fish. Also, the Teritary Consumer are the main comsumer/s at the top. The organisms at the bottom, also known as the Producer, has the most energy in its Food Chain.
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment